At Chevy Chase Dental Center, Dr. Akram Sannaa work to provide patients with healthy, beautiful smiles. One of the best ways to keep your smile beautiful is through preventive dentistry. By preventing problems before they happen, our dentists can treat them more effectively, preventing them from spreading and causing more damage. We recommend that all patients come in for a cleaning and dental exam every six months. If you have pre-existing conditions or need additional treatment, we may recommend additional visits.
During your visit, we can remove hard plaque that can build up even with regular brushing and flossing. To help prevent cavities, our office will also polish the surface of the teeth and apply fluoride. A fluoride treatment can prevent bacteria from sticking to the surface of the teeth and causing tooth decay. Call 202-362-3353 for an appointment today; protect your smile with dental hygiene services and prevention in Washington, DC.
What are some preventive measures I can take?
- Always brush your teeth with a fluoridated toothpaste.
- Brush your teeth using a soft-bristled brush, ideally after every meal.
- Floss each night before going to bed.
- If needed, use an ADA®-approved oral rinse after you floss.
- Cut down or avoid coffee and foods that are high in sugar, as well as tobacco products.